Hide this site

You are here

I wish to report a non-recent incident to the police

Share this page

You can contact the police on 101 if there are no immediate safety concerns. When you contact the police you will usually speak to a specially trained police officer who has received training in helping people who have been raped, sexually assaulted or sexually abused.

They will want some information about what has happened to you and some basic details like your name and address. They will understand that you may be in distress and it is important to try and be calm so they can get help to you.

An officer will meet with you face to face and ask you what has happened and look at the circumstances of the incident. They will document everything you say and make sure you get the right support and information.